Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Our Christmas

We've had a great few days. I managed to convince Jeff to stay home (he had the time off but was going to go into work anyway). So we had Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday together. It was fabulous.
On Friday we let Tyson open his present from Grandma Marie (as we knew what it was and thought it'd be great for the weekend). It was the Fisher Price digital camera. Let me just say, it's AWESOME. It has an LCD screen, delete features, you can see you picture before and after you take it, 2 eye holes, big for Tyson, and the program it came with for editing pictures is almost as good as the program I use. I may use it once and a while. He loved it.
So, we headed out to the museum for a few hours. Jeff hadn't been there yet, and we had a great day. AFterwards we went out for a late lunch; Thanks Auntie Cheryl. Then home with an early bedtime.
Christmas Eve we went tobogganing with Tim, Steph, Sandy and Evan. It was great fun, well for us adults. The boys weren't all that into it, but we sure had fun. I forgot how much fun sledding is; especially with crazy carpets! Afterwards we went over to Tim and Steph's for yummy hot chocolate, soup and gift exchanges. It was so nice, a perfect way to spend Christmas Eve. And I got the Post Secret book from Steph!!! I hadn't even told her I wanted it.
That night we put out cookies, some reindeer magic we had bought and a key for Santa, then we headed off for an early bedtime, after putting out our Santa bags instead of stockings).
Christmas morning came and Tyson was in our room at 5 AM!!! He was so excited he almost started to cry. We all piled on our bed and opened our Santa bags. Then came out to the Christmas tree where we opened the rest of our gifts.
It was so much fun. It was sooooooo nice to have Jeff home for the past few days. I get such a warm feeling when I think about it. It was perfect.
So...want to know what Santa brought me??? A Kitchen Aid Mixer !!!! I have been eyeing these up forever. I love it. Oh, and some other awesome things I am super excited about.....The Magic Bullet; I have been watching the infomercial for about 2 years, and now I finally have it!!! An Ipod shuffle, that I really, really wanted for my workouts beginnning in a week. An awesome sushi dish set....ahhh...I really got spoiled.
So, I've been using my mixer a ton, and I love it. I feel like I'm on a cooking show when I am using it. It's soooo beautiful. Alright, you know you're domestic when.
Today we are having Tim, Steph, Sandy and Evan over for a turkey feast. I've got a lot of food for it, and I've made some awesome veggies, and dutch apple pie and mocha marble cheesecake; now let's just hope my tastebuds decide to turn themselves back on before dinner. I lost them last night....booo ohooooo).
I'll be posting pictures after this post.
Hope everyone had a FABULOUS Christmas!!

No comments: