Thursday, January 11, 2007

Magic Show

Well being as I have never been in a blizzard in my whole life (Mom...have I forgotten one? ) I had no idea what to expect yesterday and the night before. I must say, I was almost disappointed. Everywhere was saying be prepared, be prepared. So we made sure we had water and canned goods, flashlights and candles etc.
We woke up in the morning and yes, there was a ton of snow and the winds were crazy, but it was nothing like I had expected. It's cold, but nothing that I am not used to (from living in the Yukon for my entire life).
I think Saskatoon almost got it worse than us. Our friend called and said what would normally take 15 minutes to drive took 4 hours. She said she was driving and couldn't figure out why this person in front of her wasn't moving; the person had abandoned the car in the middle of the road. She said she had no idea where she was half the time.
So....from that, the highway conditions (most were shut down and I just read in the news that two more people died on the highway because of cold conditions...(cbc news, I tried to post the link, but just have no idea how...must learn how to), I think we'll be staying home this weekend. :(
We're all pretty disappointed. We're not even sure when we'll be able to get to Saskatchewen next; it's has to be within hte month though, definatly before March. I guess we'll be renting movies for the weekend and bundling up.
Yesterday we did whatever we could to entertain ourselves. Jeff came home from work in the afternoon, slipped on his pjs to fit in with us (I feel like we've been in our pjs for days now) and we did magic shows. We each took a turn putting on a magic show (the red blanket was a curtain). Notice how there are no pictures of me doing my magic show?!! And mine was the BEST! (Alright so I may be a bit bias, but I even dressed up for the part!)


1 comment:

Cori said...

What a cool idea to have a magic show!!