Saturday, April 21, 2007

Why I miss the Yukon



These pictures make me miss the Yukon so very much. The mountains, clean air and water, the trees, the pristine forests and untouched nature. Somedays (particularily in the summer months) I really miss the Yukon and Alaska. If I could live perfectly I think I would live in the Yukon for the summer months (probably in Tagish) and spend the winter months somewhere else. Maybe here in Edmonton because of the community we've built for ourselves. Sometimes I'm really torn....is raising my children in the city what I want for them? There were so many benefits to being raised in Whitehorse. It's just too boring in the winter, at least I found that the last time we lived there. But these pictures transport me right back to Yukon summers....never ending sunlight, silence, friendly and familiar faces......I hope we can go home soon for a visit in the summer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH WOW...so beautiful. m

miss b said...

very beautiful. that's one of the huge things holding me back from finding out too many info about moving yet, is the community we have here. the friends i've made are amazing and the community at kaeli's school is equally so.

Cori said...

Wow, those are beautiful photos!