Saturday, May 19, 2007

Compost and bathtime

Tyson's fascination with earthworms led us to the library where we took out a few books on worms. After reading through them and looking at the worms more carefully (measuring them, talking about their body parts etc.), Tyson started getting interesting in the project part of the book. So, we choose to do a compost. It was something I had been thinking of doing anyway, but I was a little intimidating by the idea. We made it today and it was so much fun and we both learned sooo much. Tyson and I both dug our hands in and got dirty and now our compost is up and running, with probably over 300 red worms!! We're all really looking forward to feeding the worms (we have to give them a day or two to adjust to their new home).





















































And the spaghetti that led to the bath the other day. I couldn't resist giving Carter a faux hawk; it was way too long though, it just fell over!
I hope everyone has a fabulous May long weekend!

No comments: