Monday, April 21, 2008

The Pictures (Album)


Well it would only be right to listen to "Grandma's song" as I blog about our experience...so I can cry all over again.
We booked Grandma a hair appointment promptly upon her arrival into the city. She needed to have it set. After a rushed afternoon, and some scrambling as Christie had an exam until 5:30, we loaded into the car, a little later than planned. Grandpa decided it would be a good idea for him to drive us, even though I offered to drive several times.
So off we go, with country tunes a blaring, and the frustration starting to flow from Grandpa as the traffic picked up. He missed his first turn (despite three young women telling him from the back seat where to turn).
We arrive near Rexall Place at about 6:45 (we had planned for 6:15). Grandpa had no idea where to go to drop us off, and was not keen on listening to our instructions...what would three Edmontonians know? He decided to take a left hand turn onto Wayne Gretzky and 118th, and promptly puts the car into neutral and begins undoing his seat belt.
"You are NOT letting us out here Grandpa" I said.
"Oh yes I am" he says in his sternest Granpa voice.
"Grandpa, NO, we'll either be A killed by traffic, or B killed by someone driving by with road rage" I protested.
"Arrrrrr" He says as he gets back in the car and continues trying to find a place to park...freeing up traffic.
Where did Grandpa park? In handicap parking (which would've only made sense)? Near the front door so Grandma's hair wouldn't get messed up? In the general parking lot, so we wouldn't have to push Grandma's wheelchair all over the place?
No, no and no......he parked us at a Mohawk gas station and we walked the three blocks, with the wind a blowin' in our face.
But it sure did serve for some good memories!
This picture of Grandma is one of my favorites. She was paitiently waiting when I said, "Grandma, we're going to see Alan Jackson tonight" and this is what I managed to capture!
Click on any pictures to make them bigger!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Hope Walls said...

Well done, Rebecca!!! How do YOU like the results?

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA. That is a great story :) M