Monday, June 02, 2008

Soccer Tournament

Tyson had a soccer tournament this weekend (whewf, it was so last minute and on top of photographing a grad and working I almost didn't make it to the games...but somehow it worked out!). He had a lot of fun. He was thrilled to recieve a participation medal at the end of the tournament...something each player received. They don't keep score at this age.
Although, I've been reminded what it's like to be part of the world of competitive (even though this age isn't supposed to be) sports.
Fathers on the field with their children running along side them telling them how to play, parents yelling from the sidelines to go faster.
There was a team that had the same color shirt as Tyson's team but they were a year younger. Well, after we got our medal Tyson was watching a few of this other team's members line up against a brick wall to get their pic taken. I thought...ewwww cool idea! So we were just waiting around. Tyson was happily watching from a distance, when one mother turned around and said directly to Tyson, "You can't be in these pictures, you're not on their team!" Quite rudely to my little 4 year old too. Would it really have mattered even if he wanted to be in the pic? Did it require such rudeness?
Oh well....I've got a lot to get used to with 3 boys I'm sure.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Great pics! The colors are so vivid! Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

AW!!!! COngrats T! What a fun tournie...and great pics!!!! Love Aunty C

Anonymous said...

beckie i love the pic of them shaking hands-what a great shot! and of course all the other pics too!!you have found your talent...well one of the thousands you have!!

Hope Walls said...

There's something so sweet about those sugary smiles with the little guys. There's always one kid who is doing somersaukts or cartwheels in the middle of the game, and usually one or two kids who get tired and take a seat somewhere... lol. I find the pushy sports parents far and few between at that age group. They don't really get tough to stomach until the U16 group...