Thursday, June 26, 2008

An update

Well, while I have no new pictures to post, I just wanted to update, as I've been recieving numerous phone calls asking....AC you know who you are!!!! ;)
I've stopped working, (long sigh of relief here). It's great. It's so fun spending the day with the boys knowing I don't have to go into work at night or the next day. I miss playdates (not that I've been booking many...I should), and doing fun stuff with the boys.
However, it didn't come at such a good time, both vehicles had problems that added up to $1000. And the rain (pouring) just isn't stopping. I could complain forever about all of the hits we've been taking over the past week or so, but I won't. I'm trying to not be so down about it, so it'll hopefully turn around....here's hoping my maternity benefits will be HUGE!!!! Keep your fingers crossed for us!
Photography has been amazing in the past few weeks. I've been doing lots of portfolio pictures and learning so much. I've been learning what I do and don't want to do, learning more about my camera and lighting in particular, and photo shop. Finally, I've got a start at photo shop (thanks to a great workshop). I've got clients booked for almost the entire month of August (well not everyday but almost every weekend, to add to my portfolio, and an engagment session (that might lead to a wedding) in Septemeber. Tons of family fall pictures...i'm super pumped. I didn't think it would take off so quickly. But I've got a website (if you want to see, let me know!!), business cards and I keep learning EVERYDAY!
We're hoping for a baby in the next week or two (I'm 37 weeks and a few days now). The doula and doctor are going to try some natural methods to help things along on Friday(if my body is ready it'll respond, otherwise it will not).
We had our home visit with the doctor yesterday and decided where the birthing pool will be and went over techniques to deal with pain.
I can't believe I signed up to do this without drugs! Just kidding, I'm sure it'll be fine. I just want a healthy baby. We're hoping Auntie Cookie will be able to come and get the boys (at first we were going to have them here, but now I think they will be too distracting), but if she can't make it, if there are volunteers please volunteer now!!! lol. Jeff's kind mother has offered to try to come into town, but it'd be such short notice for her.
And that's about all that's new here, just getting ready for the baby, Jeff busy at work (as usual), and photography!
Hope everyone is well.

2 comments:

miss b said...

glad to hear you've stopped working. thanks for the update.

ckgrant@shaw.ca said...

Bring the boys here! Our gift to you!!!! :) (Katherine)