Thursday, February 05, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday Tyson!!




It's been a week of Birthday celebrations for Tyson! Saturday we had close friends and family over for chili, cake and presents galore! It was so nice to see everyone...some of you hadn't even met Jax! It was a perfect opportunity to catch up, and I'm so grateful you all made the effort to come!

Tuesday on Tyson's actual birthday we spent the morning at Toys R Us (Thank you for the gift card, Grandpa Merv & Grandma Rie!!). Tyson went to school in the afternoon and then we headed to Red Lobster for his birthday dinner! Seriously, what 5 year old chooses Red Lobster? This was his second year picking it!

We had a blast to say the least. Tyson was so cute when all of the servers came out singing to him!

Saturday we have a gymnastics party with Tyson's friends! (Remember everyone the time is different from the invitation...it's 2:30 not 3!).
He's really looking forward to it.

This birthday was so sentimental for me. Usually I don't feel sad that my children are getting older, but 5 is a big one (or so it seemed for me). I cried a little!
I shadowed a NILMDTS photo session this week, it was at the same hospital where Tyson was born. I hadn't been back to that hospital since he was born.
It just put everything back into perspective. Made me feel sooo grateful again for my boys.
Perhaps that's why I was so sentimental this week. I find the NILMDTS sessions overwhelming hard, but the most meaningful.

I didn't take many pictures...I know, it's bad.
3 weeks till Mexico!!! WAHOO!!! Our brakes gave out this week....of course! Oh well, we'll get them fixed tomorrow and keep counting down the days to Mexico (and a new camera...did I mention I got a new camera?!?!?!?!?!!????!?!?!?!?!!)

So, just a few pictures of the boys. Jaxon is crawling and pulling himself up on things! I cannot believe I had to baby proof at 5 and half months!

Hope everyone is well....

2 comments:

The MIKK Family said...

Happy birthday! Tomorrow will be so much fun!

Chantilly said...

I had so much fun on Saturday...thank you for having us over Tyson!