As some of you may know these past two weeks have been very rough for our family.
Last week Jeff's Grandpa Ben passed away. It took us slightly by surprise, but we managed to pack up and make it to Regina for the weekend to honor Grandpa Ben's life, and to spend some time with Jeff's Dad, Grandma and Auntie.
I've been looking and looking for a photo of Grandpa Ben. I have lots that are printed, but none that are on my hard drive.
I wanted to share the poem that was read at his service as it suits him to a 't'.
(Grandma McKay....we're putting it in the mail for you tomorrow).
Good Morning World I'm feeling lucky,
Today's the day, my bones are plucky,
I can feel the seed of luck rumble,
My body's pumpin' I don't feel humble.
A pokie, the horses or maybe casino,
Spin the wheel take me to Reno
I'll make a fortune it's there to take,
Look out all venues get ready to shake.
My blood is racing, my nerves extended
What a feeling, my mind has bended.
My very first shot I'm on a a winner,
Oh this is great, I'm out to dinner.
From a few coins and a mere twenty,
My pockets are bulging with money a plenty.
First 5-'s then 1--'s and now two grand
I knew today I'd make a stand.
I won't stop now I'm on a roll
Every step I make right in the hole.
I just dropped back! 200 has gone
I'll get out of here, I won't be long.
I'm down to twenty my original stake,
How come I don't ever get a break?
That geezer over there-his machine is pumpin
Lucky joker, could give him a thumpin'.
No coins, no notes, left in my pocket
Wish I could blast off in a rocket.
As I leave with anger and sorrow,
Ah! What the heck, there's always tomorrow!
I got to know Ben a bit in the past few years and I will say he could always put a smile on my face.
I feel so fortunate that I was able to meet him and that my boys were able to as well.
You will be missed Grandpa Ben. May you Rest in Peace.
Tuesday, June 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sorry for the loss of Grandpa Ben. What a sad time for everyone :( I hope you take comfort in the fact that you got to be a part of his life.
Post a Comment