Thursday, February 15, 2007

Flowers and Stuff

Well, I can't post any pictures, and for once it's not because of blogger, it's actually because of my kodak program. Kodak program...yes, I'm still using it despite the fact that I don't use a kodak (I have a fuji program and a canon program) but the kodak one is sooo easy to use, mind you so is the canon one.
Jeff's Dad is in town. Jeff, Rod and Tyson went golfing today while I got to take Carter in for his immunizations. Lucky me! Carter didn't even cry. One in each leg and he didn't wimper. He was very hard to get to sleep tonight though. Poor guy, he must be sore.
Tyson and I made cinnamon buns this morning and last night we made eggless peanut butter cookies. We made the cinnamon buns for Rod to take home to his mom. We miss her coming along for the visits.
So, Stephanie stopped by on her way home tonight with a bunch of tulips and a cream egg for me. So sweet. I was thrilled. Too often people don't buy me flowers because they think I won't appreciate them, okay people, who am I kidding, Jeff! Anyway, I thought it was so nice and the tulips were perfect. I didn't touch a single tulip at the flower store the other day. La Piazza Dasee is really something. If you look at their arrangments (follow the link on the right hand side of my blog), none of them are at all like anything I've done before. Well, I touched on it a bit at Funky Petals. They don't even really keep arrangements in their cooler, almost EVERY single arrangment is custom for the specific customer. I've done custom before, but not like this. I mean as we make the arrangments for the customers they sit at the counter where we are designing and have an espresso we serve them (complimentary of course). And in the summer we have gelato.
It's fun seeing all of the people come in and spend loads of money on these flowers. This one young woman walked in and said she wanted an arrangement for her sister....$150. Great! Beautiful I love arrangements for that much, they are so fun to do. Then she leaves and comes back, wants another one for 200$ for her mother and one for 100$ for her. Jaw drops here. Apparently she is a regular and loves to spend money, especially on flowers! They arrangments were gorgeous. Oh, I'm working with some fantastic designers at this store.
Tomorrow I'm spending the entire afternoon with Stephanie, while the boys hang out with Jeff and Rod. Jeff and I might go on a date tomorrow night (it's been over 6 months, at least, I can't even remember the last time). It all depends on how Carter is feeling.

1 comment:

The MIKK Family said...

Holy shoot, 450 on flowers! I can't even imagine!