Well we've officially had our first incident with stitches. My poor Tyson was running to the bathroom with his pants around his ankles (something he probably will want me to exclude from the story when he is older), he tripped and fell smack dab right into the corner (or so I am assuming as I was around the corner, and Jeff was in the kitchen). I heard him crying (not screaming) and ran to see his face drenched in blood. When I looked at his head, I saw I gash about 2 inches long and I don't know an inch or a half an inch wide. All I saw was his skull.
Jeff immediatly took action (I paniced instead...I wonder if I would've had Jeff not been home). Jeff put a cloth on it, while I said what should we do, call 911 or drive...duh?!?! We were out the door within minutes (if not seconds).
I drove like a mad woman to the hospital, all the while Jeff telling me to be careful and slow down...looking back now I suppose I did overreact a bit, but my first born had blood pouring all over his face, plus Jeff was there to stay intact so I could panic inside, trying not to show Tyson.
So we waited for about 3 hours before we saw a nurse or doctor. At one point I thought Tyson was losing consciousness, but really he was falling asleep. But they were really good at coming out into the waiting room to check his vitals. The hallways were packed with idiots swearing at security gaurds and doctors.
It's weird to have worked in a hospital and then to be served by one. It's almost good in a way that it took us so long to get into a room. They prioritize, so they obviously knew things weren't as bad as I thought they were.
So they got him into a room, where we waiting an hour longer. A nurse put some numbing gel on the gap and left it to freeze. Tyson was AMAZING. He didn't cry once we got to the hospital. I think he was just shocked when it intially happened, and I'm not sure why he didn't cry afterwards.
The doctor came in and thought it'd be a good idea if Carter and I left, as Carter was getting ansy.....honestly wanted to be beside my boy, but really was relieved I didn't have to see the stitches. The doctor thought he'd have to do staples as well, but to my relief, again, he came out of the room with only stitches.
I kept peeking in the room on him. I was amazed at him. The doctor had to put a cloth practically over his entire face and Tyson could just peer out with one eye at Jeff, but he was fine. Jeff said he said 'ouch' once, because the numbing hadn't fully gone through at one point.
Awhhhh...so he is way better now. Slight headaches and stomach aches (obviously to be expected), but he's good. He is such a trooper, I tell ya. He did better than I would've.
We think there are about 15 stitches (some aren't visible in the picture), but Jeff lost count.
We've had some really crappy luck in the past few weeks (flat tires, mufflers breaking off, bank account being robbed) and this just put a HUGE spin on things again. Everything was put back into perspective. These boys are our everything, money will always be there and things will always work out financially, always do, always have. I need to stop worrying so much and get back to what's important in my life........these two (soon to be three) boys.
Yesterday we spent the day basically at home, resting, talking, being together....oh and tattoing each other!!!
Oh and more news I guess...Carter has started potty training himself. I take NO credit. If anything I wanted to wait until the fall. But he took off his diaper and refuses to go back. Even when we're out he's great. He fights at night when we try to put a diaper on...lol. But there is not pressure (although we don't want to bounce back and fourth), but he seems so content with going on the potty.
I almost forgot to add...when you come to my house and there is a pillow duct taped to every corner in our house...this is the story behind it.




4 comments:
eeeeeeeeek! Glad Tyson was okay in the end.
You could do foam noodles along the corners.. or indoor helmets :)
At least the baby didn't decide to come in all the excitement.
Oh boys! :s !
Haha somebody at a recent picnic told us we should have boys cause they are easier. ...????????
I mean...what??
Haha wait till they get a load of all my future girls running amok, barefoot, with slingshots and dirt so thick they grow potatoes!
Look at all those tatts!
I am apparently having an exclamation point sort of day!
Huggs
Aw poor buddy, that's quite the war wound he has! He's such a toughie, I;m not surprised he held up better than mom did ;)
That's SO awesome that Carter is interested in the potty, talk about good timing...perhaps only ONE in diapers for you...dare to dream the dream!! Yay Carter! We can have a potty party for him and Ivy soon LOL! (I just wanted to say potty party, how can that NOT be a fun time??)
See you tomorrow night??
Wow!! Tyson you sure were a brave little soldier. That's quite the was wound is right. Love Aunty Cheryl
Post a Comment