Monday, February 23, 2009

Blocks






This weekend was probably one of our busiest in a very long time. After Christie's accident last weekend my Mom flew in for the week. It was much needed and so appreciated by all of us. :)
Thursday and Friday I hauled the boys around while I sought out wedding flowers for our friend's wedding.
Friday night my mom left and I worked on the flowers...I have photos from them too, but I won't be processing them for a while...at least not until after Mexico.
I'm tired just thinking about everything we did this weekend! Then Saturday was their wedding. Lisa and I did their photos all day and into the night. It was really good. It was our first wedding together, so we really learned a lot!
Jeff, took the boys to a birthday party, did some shopping and then met us at the wedding on Saturday night. I'm sure he was just as exhausted as I was by the end of the day.
Sunday I did family portraits in the morning, and then Merv and Marie arrived that afternoon.
Sigh...isn't that crazy busy?
Christie is doing much better. Well, I shouldn't say much. But she is feeling better. She is attempting to work, although I don't think she should be just yet. But I'm probably a little over protective these days.

Now it's on to Mexico. I've got two sessions that are quite pressing and I am really trying to get them done by the end of this week...we'll see. We still have to clean house, buy a few things, pack, I have a wedding consultation, Tyson has a class at the Science center....the list goes on.

But we leave Saturday morning. Driving to Calgary and flying out that night! I CANNOT wait.
I am really debating on whether or not I should take my laptop to do processing. I just can't decide. I have a ton of work to do, but on the other hand, I would love to reread the Time Traveller's Wife. I haven't read a novel in ages.

The boys are so excited. I'm slightly nervous about the flight...but I'm trying to hide it for Tyson and Carter. Jax may sense it once we are on the plane, but I'm hoping not.

Alright, before I write an essay I better sign off. These pictures were taken today with my AMAZING, FABULOUS, WONDERFUL new camera. Woot, woot...I love it!
Merv and Marie brought these blocks from Saskatoon for the boys. Great Grandpa John made them!!! They just love them. They dumped them out this morning and literally played with them ALL day (except for one wii break).
Thank you Grandpa John and thank you Merv and Marie for bringing them!

Hope everyone is well. I'm going to try to post one more set of pictures before we leave and then when we get home, get ready for a ton of photos from Mexico!!!

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The blocks are such a neat idea. Beckie..take the book..leave the computer behind..Love Aunty Cheryl