It was awesome! Probably the best field trip I can ever remember being on.
We started out at a bakery where the owner/baker let us make donuts...well the children that is! We learned about the ovens, the mixers, the fryers, the risers (can't remember the proper name), so much.
After the children iced ALL of their donuts we headed to the baker's farm, where we had a nice picnic lunch.
Afterwards we got to go on a tour of the farm.
What an awesome experience for Tyson & Carter and the rest of the children. Tyson and Carter are still talking about it.
Anyway, my photos are in a bit of disorder and there aren't too too many, as I don't have permission to use photos with the other children in them, but there are a few!!
Checking out the cows (I waited behind the fence with Jax and his stroller.)

These sheep couldn't have posed any more perfect. The baby goats would jump onto the sheeps backs and start eating the hay. We thought this was quite funny.

Mmmm...the finished donuts that the children boxed up to take home.

A turkey egg!!!!

The crazy looking turkey!!!

Yummy, the iced donut....(icing is icing sugar and water...talk about a sugar high).

Watching how bread is cut (we also learned how it is made, and saw how hamburger buns, buns and loaves are shaped too!)
2 comments:
It was such a fantastic field trip wasn't it?! My girls adored the whole experience, as did I. Every time we do something with the centre, I'm more and more excited for R and keep thinking it would be such a great place for K too if only she had a bit more of a peer group there.
I think the riser is called a proofer?
Yes! Proofer...that is it! I'm super excited for next year too! It's going to be fantastic!
Post a Comment