


As many of you know we headed home to Whitehorse a few weeks ago. It was one of the hardest trips I've ever made. It was full of so many emotions.
My Grandmother passed away on July 3rd, 2009. And we traveled home to celebrate her life.
It was so nice to be surrounded by our friends and family and to be home. Home where I have so many precious memories with my Dearest Grandma. She was and will always will continue to be one of the most important & influential women in my life.
I'm so grateful my boys were able to meet her and spend time with her. Grandma and Grandpa have been coming out here and staying with us at least once a year for the past 5 years. I am so happy Tyson knows who she is when I talk about her. And I feel so delighted when people tell me Carter has her eyes and chin....it makes me smile.
I feel humbled that I had such a strong, true and beautiful woman in my life. I spent a lot of my childhood with my Grandma and Grandpa....memories I'll forever cherish. She taught me how to cook, how to embroidery, crochet, knit, helped me learn to play the piano (I will still learn how to play the song she always wanted me to play). She helped me see that true love really does and can exist. She showed me how important it is to be true to oneself and to be honest to ourselves.
I had a great relationship with my Grandma. I will always be thankful for having such a close and special bond with her.
I will continue to tell the stories she used to tell to me, Christie and Kandis, to my boys (they love them).
She continues to teach me things today. I feel like my eyes have been opened to just how important family & friends are, how important relationships are and how short and precious life really is. I had some really close friends pull through for me in the past few months. I thank you. There are two of you would did me huge favors and sent such kind words. This taught me how important friends are and how lucky I am to be surrounded by such great ones!
She will forever be in my heart, life and memory. While it still hurts so incredibly much now to think of my life without her, I am still able to reflect on my memories with her and a huge beaming smile comes to my face.
Loving and missing yous so much Grandma and always "Remembering When".
xoxoxoxox

The view from my Grandma and Grandpa's cabin. So many good memories here.

Looking the other way from the chip dip tree. I miss it already.

My amazing Grandpa holding Jax, (and Nathan) while we were at the airport waiting for Christie to arrive in Whitehorse.

He's so handsome, kind, generous. I can hear my Grandma now, telling me how much she loves him.

All of us.....all of Grandma and Grandpa's children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. (only missing were 5 great grandchildren, and 1 grandchild, and of course, Grandma & Uncle David, although I think they were there in their own way).
2 comments:
Beautiful Beckie...Love Aunty Cheryl
Amazing tribute to our special Grandma Beckie. I am sitting here in tears...you said everything I am feeling...feel so scared to actually face the reality she is gone...what a perfect woman she was! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with everyone Becks, you worded it perfectly.
Love Christina
Post a Comment